Art Van Turkey Trot Chicago 5K & 8K
The 40th annual Art Van Turkey Trot Chicago will take place in beautiful Lincoln Park along the shores of Lake Michigan. The Start Line, Finish Line, and Turkey Trot Tailgate are all centrally located along Cannon Drive, between Diversey and Fullerton Parkway.
Parents wishing to run with strollers are welcome. However, those running with strollers are required to begin within the last wave. Our course is wheelchair friendly, and we gladly welcome para-athletes to participate.
The Turkey Trot Chicago 5K & 8K will begin at 9:00 a.m. for runners sub 6:00 min/mile – 9:00 min/mile. 9:20 a.m. for runners 10:00 min/mile – 12:00 min/mile plus, walkers and participants with strollers.
NEW START – AND ROUTE CHANGES FOR 2017
The Art Van Turkey Trot 5K and 8K will step off from Diversey Pkwy and Cannon Dr at 9:00 A.M. in a wave start. (Wave details below.) Participants will go north on Sheridan Rd. to Belmont Ave. taking a right on Belmont Ave toward Lake Michigan. After passing under Lake Shore Drive runners will run north along the Lakefront Trail to Recreation Dr. 5K participants will run north on Recreation Dr. and turn south onto the Lakefront Trail just north of Irving Park. 8K participants will run north on Recreation Dr. and rejoin the Lakefront Trail north of Irving Park (running north in the western lane of the Lakefront Trail). The 8K course will u-turn just south of Wilson Ave. following the Lakefront Trail south. Southbound runners will follow the Lakefront Trail until just south of Recreation Dr and transfer to the path along Belmont Harbor. Runners will rejoin the Lakefront Trail at Belmont Ave. Following the trail participants will traverse under Lake Shore Dr south of Belmont Ave. following the cinder path into the Finish Line located just south of the Diversey Driving Range parking lot.
The 2017 Turkey Trot Chicago will have a wave start. This year’s race will start going north from Diversey and Cannon Dr.
Participants should line up according to their average pace per mile. Each corral will be identified by a pace sign from sub 6min/mile to 12:00 min/mile.
Walkers and participants pushing a stroller must line up in the Walker/Stroller corral
• 8:55 a.m. National Anthem
• 9:00 a.m. WAVE 1 – 8K and 5K Start
• Wave 1 – Runners sub 6 min/mile – 9:00 min/mile
• 9:20 a.m. WAVE 2 – 8K – 5K Start
• Wave 2 – Runners sub 10:00 min/mile – 12:00 min/mile +
• Wave 2 – WALKERS & STROLLERS (all participants pushing strollers)
• 9:30 a.m. Start Line Closes
**Note: Course subject to change, pending final approval from the City of Chicago
AGE GROUP AWARDS
In 2017 we’re bringing back age group awards! Awards will be given to the top three overall male and female finishers. Not only will the top three overall 5K and 8K male & female receive a delicious Thanksgiving pie, they will receive a commemorative award to take home and show off at their turkey dinner.
Additional commemorative awards will be given to the top three men and women in the below age groups for both the 5K and 8K. Overall awards will be announced at the awards ceremony from the Turkey Day Tailgate stage while age group awards may be picked up at the Results Tent.
Age Group Categories:
- Ages 14 & under (Male and Female)
- Ages 15-19 (Male and Female)
- Ages 20-24 (Male and Female)
- Ages 25-29 (Male and Female)
- Ages 30-34 (Male and Female)
- Ages 35-39 (Male and Female)
- Ages 40-44 (Male and Female)
- Ages 45-49 (Male and Female)
- Ages 50-54 (Male and Female)
- Ages 55-59 (Male and Female)
- Ages 60-64 (Male and Female)
- Ages 65-69 (Male and Female)
- Ages 70-74 (Male and Female)
- Ages 75-79 (Male and Female)
- Ages 80+ (Male and Female)