ART VAN TURKEY TROT CHICAGO 5K & 8K
The 40th annual Art Van Turkey Trot Chicago will take place in beautiful Lincoln Park along the shores of Lake Michigan. The Start Line, Finish Line, and Turkey Trot Tailgate are all centrally located along Cannon Drive, between Diversey and Fullerton Parkway.
Parents wishing to run with strollers are welcome. However, those running with strollers are required to begin within the last wave. Our course is wheelchair friendly, and we gladly welcome para-athletes to participate.
The Turkey Trot Chicago 5K & 8K will begin at 9:00 a.m.
The 2019 Turkey Trot Chicago will have a wave start.
Participants should assemble along Cannon Drive, just north of Fullerton, according to their average pace per mile. Each corral will be identified by a pace sign from sub 6min/mile to 12:00 min/mile.
Walkers and participants pushing a stroller must line up in the Walker/Stroller corral
• 8:55 a.m. National Anthem
• 9:00 a.m. WAVE 1 – 8K and 5K Start
• Wave 1 – Runners sub 6 min/mile – 9:00 min/mile
• 9:20 a.m. WAVE 2 – 8K – 5K Start
• Wave 2 – Runners sub 10:00 min/mile – 12:00 min/mile +
• Wave 2 – WALKERS & STROLLERS (all participants pushing strollers)
• 9:30 a.m. Start Line Closes
**Note: Course subject to change, by direction of the City of Chicago
The Art Van Turkey Trot 5K and 8K will step off from Fullerton Parkway and Cannon Dr at 9:00 A.M. in a wave start. (Wave details above.) Participants will go east toward the Lake Front Trail. After passing under Lake Shore Drive runners will run north along the Lakefront Trail to Recreation Dr. 5K participants will run north and turn on the Lake Front Trail. 5K Turnaround will be south of Addison and Recreation Dr. 8K participants will run north on Recreation Dr. and rejoin the Lakefront Trail north of Irving Park (running north in the western lane of the Lakefront Trail). The 8K course will u-turn just south of Montrose Ave. following the Lakefront Trail south. Southbound runners will follow the Lakefront Trail until just south of Recreation Dr and transfer to the path along Belmont Harbor. Runners will rejoin the Lakefront Trail at Belmont Ave. Following the trail participants will traverse under Lake Shore Dr south of Belmont Ave. following the cinder path into the Finish Line located just south of the Diversey Driving Range parking lot.
Portions of the course runs contraflow to normal lake front trail traffic, in these
sections please stay along the outer portion of the lake front course.
- Chicago’s Lake Front Trail is open to the public and participants should expect minimal but general public traffic during the race. For your safety and the safety ofothers, please be courteous and yield at all intersections.
- This course is wheelchair and stroller friendly. Para-athletes are welcome and encouraged to participate.
- Anyone with special needs is encouraged to contact Athlete Services via email at
- firstname.lastname@example.org prior to Race Day to make arrangements for an individual’s needs.
AGE GROUP AWARDS
In 2017 we’re bringing back age group awards! Awards will be given to the top three overall male and female finishers. Not only will the top three overall 5K and 8K male & female receive a delicious Thanksgiving pie, they will receive a commemorative award to take home and show off at their turkey dinner.
Additional commemorative awards will be given to the top three men and women in the below age groups for both the 5K and 8K. Overall awards will be announced at the awards ceremony from the Turkey Day Tailgate stage while age group awards may be picked up at the Results Tent.
Age Group Categories:
- Ages 14 & under (Male and Female)
- Ages 15-19 (Male and Female)
- Ages 20-24 (Male and Female)
- Ages 25-29 (Male and Female)
- Ages 30-34 (Male and Female)
- Ages 35-39 (Male and Female)
- Ages 40-44 (Male and Female)
- Ages 45-49 (Male and Female)
- Ages 50-54 (Male and Female)
- Ages 55-59 (Male and Female)
- Ages 60-64 (Male and Female)
- Ages 65-69 (Male and Female)
- Ages 70-74 (Male and Female)
- Ages 75-79 (Male and Female)
- Ages 80+ (Male and Female)