The 43rd annual Life Time Turkey Trot Chicago 5K & 8K will take place in beautiful Lincoln Park along the shores of Lake Michigan. The Start Line, Finish Line, and Turkey Trot Tailgate are all centrally located along Cannon Drive, between Diversey and Fullerton Parkway.
Parents wishing to run with strollers are welcome. However, those running with strollers are required to begin within the last wave. Our course is wheelchair friendly, and we gladly welcome para-athletes to participate.
After two years apart, we’re excited to welcome you back to Lincoln Park for your first course of Turkey Day! We’re honored you’ve chosen to share your holiday with us. Please take a moment to read through the details, maps, and other helpful information found in this Athlete Guide to ensure you have the best possible experience this Thanksgiving.
- Limited edition long sleeve race shirt
- Finisher medal for all who cross the finish line
- Complimentary beer (must be 21 years or older with photo ID)
- Post-race food and hot beverages
- Access to the Turkey Day Tailgate finish festival
*2021 medal and shirt pictured.
Age limit for the 5K distance is 8 and over. This means if your child will be 8 by the date of the race (11/25/2022), they are able to participate in this distance.
|5:00 AM||Cannon Dr. closes to all vehicle traffic.|
|6:00 AM - 8:45 AM||Race Day Packet Pick Up | Registration (Based on availability)|
|7:00 AM||Race Day Packet Pick Up | Registration (Based on availability)
Gear Check opens.
|8:00 AM||Start Corrals Open | Cannon Dr. at Fullerton Pkwy|
|9:00 AM||Wave 1: 5K - 8K Start (Runners with sub 6:00 min/mile - 9:00 min/mile)|
|9:24 AM||Wave 2: 5K - 8K Start (Runners with sub 10:00 min/mile - 12:00 min/mile) + Walkers & strollers (all participants pushing strollers)|
|9:30 AM||Start Line Corrals Close|
|10:30 AM||Awards Ceremony | Turkey Trot Tailgate Stage|
|10:30 AM||Plymouth Rock Ramble Race Staging Begins | Lincoln Park Driving Range Parking Lot|
|11:00 AM||Plymouth Rock Ramble Kids Race Starts|
|12:00 PM||Turkey Trot Tailgate and Gear Check Closes|
*Schedule shown is from 2019. 2021’s schedule will be similar and posted as we get closer to race day.
- Chicago’s Lake Front Trail is open to the public and participants should expect minimal but general public traffic during the race. For your safety and the safety of others, please be courteous and yield at all intersections.
- This course is wheelchair and stroller friendly. Para-athletes are welcome and encouraged to participate.
Race Day will feature the Turkey Day Tailgate, a fun and festive addition for your entire family to enjoy both before and after your race.
The tailgate zone features the following, free interactive zones:
- Football Toss
- Warm Apple Cider Station
- + more to be revealed as we get closer to race day
Overall awards will be given to the top three males and females in the 5K and 8K divisions. Overall awards will be presented on the Main Stage at 10:30 AM.
|Race Options||November 15 - November 25 (or upon sellout)|