Our commitment to our Athletes, Our Communities, and Our Planet
Current Sustainability Initiatives
- Leftover food that was not used during the event is donated to Chicago area charities, safe houses and school volunteer groups.
- Many athletes wear ear jackets, sweatshirts and pants while waiting for the event to start. We encourage athletes to wear clothing they wish to donate as any clothing that is discarded at the start line is donated to Chicago area charities after the event.
- Any leftover medals are donated to local charity groups and organizations. If your group or charity is interested in receiving leftover medals, please contact us.
Future Sustainability Goals
- Reduce single use plastic and water station supplies
- Composting available on site
How You Can Help
- The Chicago Public Transportation system is the perfect way for athletes and spectators to get to and from Chicago Turkey Trot around the city sustainably. The event venue is within close walking distance to many public transit hubs and stops. We will provide detailed information on how to get to the event via public transit as the event gets closer.